In marketing, content is king. Content marketing strategy incorporates the creation and sharing of nonpromotional online materials that stimulate interest in products, services, or industries. Meaning, content marketing spreads value-adding, relevant, and audience-centric content that drives connection, loyalty, and eventual sales. To be successful in marketing, and content marketing, your strategy must be long-term and focused on giving your audience quality.
How-To: Content Marketing
To create and share valuable content that attracts and converts prospects into customers, and customers into repeat buyers, your content marketing should educate people. This includes sharing relevant:
Content marketing should be viewed as resources that address questions and issues your audience has and provides them with answers they couldn’t find anywhere else. While utilizing a strategy that combines free and gated content, it is crucial to map-out the buyer’s journey early on. As prospects become more engaged, your ask needs to go up. Resources should advance from free to an information exchange – have it be asking for an email or asking for a subscription – to help further touchpoints. To truly make content marketing successful, you must focus on both the quality and quantity of content.
Content Quality & Quantity
While quality content is crucial, content frequency and consistency are also important. With the rise of digital and user need for immediacy, brands need to focus on consistently distributing quality content. Consider the following tips:
- Identify the right platforms for your brand – What is most effective? Where is the majority of your audience? (i.e. if you are considering social media for B2C, use Instagram over LinkedIn).
- Position constant content – to grow digitally, you need to be seen. To be seen, you need to post. Rather than posting the same 10 things 10 times per day per platform, fluctuate what you post when and where (i.e. post topic 1 on Facebook today and on Instagram next week).
- Produce reusable content – focus on producing segments that you can easily pull from to create additional pieces (i.e. if you create a video, transcribe it for a blog).
Regardless of how much you’re able to produce, always emphasize the value behind it. Your content marketing strategy will not be successful if you are posting irrelevant, non-value-adding posts 10 times a day.
Content Marketing Trends to Look-Out For in 2019
Content marketing strategy is always evolving. With more emphasis on personalized connections, be in-tune with these rising strategies:
- Authenticity, transparency, and value marketing
- More collaboration between brands
- Developing multimedia content with omnichannel distribution
- Use of chatbots and artificial intelligence
- Micro-Influencers and niche brand advocates
Not sure where to start with your content marketing strategy? Contact GROWL today.