Marketing Specialist II
Love long walks downtown and writing killer content? Then, this job’s for you. GROWL Agency is on the hunt for a keen writer and marketing guru to join our Account Team, based at our Grand Junction, CO office.
At GROWL, we’re go-getters. We’re constantly innovating, driving positive change, and challenging each other to do better, together. As an outstanding candidate, you are a self-motivated hustler and a kick-ass writer. You’re detail-oriented, clever, and ready to put the pen to the paper (or your fingers to the keyboard). As a GROWL Marketing Specialist, you’ll be responsible for writing enticing and engaging content for our growing clientele and assisting with project management.
A role at GROWL is an opportunity to be a part of something different. We believe in having a strong connection to our local community while creating an impact for our clients from coast to coast. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
📍 Grand Junction, CO
2+ years of experience in marketing minimum
BS or BA in marketing or similar degree preferred
Clear history of working collaboratively with creative teams
GROWL Agency has an amazing list of growing clientele, and we’re seeking someone with exceptional writing skills and experience writing for various marketing channels and initiatives. It’s critical that you can take direction and feedback, work under tight deadlines, and expertly shift from one brand voice to the next.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Research. Write. LOL. Market. Kick-ass. Delight. Repeat.
(That’s the job, but legally, we had to put more)
- Develop copy for blogs, social media, websites, and emails for various campaigns
- Write numerous ad placements, including digital and traditional placements
- Research our clients and own their brand
- Maintain regular, open, and honest communication with the Account Team, communicating timelines and project status
- Assist in the management of quality assurance and performance audits
- Collaborate with other team members and the Design Team to ensure goals are met in each piece
- Actively participate in optimizing GROWL’s development process by driving automation and implementing cutting edge technologies and performance standards
- Maintain professional knowledge by engaging in continual learning, attending educational workshops, reviewing professional training websites and publications
- Support GROWL’s Account Team in client communication and project management, including reporting on the status of active projects
- 2+ years experience in marketing, including experience:
- Blog and email writing
- Writing numerous ad placements, including social media
- Supporting digital content publishing
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Must have strong creative problem-solving skills
- Possess the ability to take the initiative to research projects while maintaining personal standards higher than that of the client and teammates
- You have a great foundation of current best practices in web and mobile standards, social media, and emerging technologies
- Capable of autonomous work toward established goals, not being shy about asking questions when more information is needed, and raising concerns when they become apparent
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent attention to detail and fast learner
- Good communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Manage multiple projects while maintaining deliverables, timelines, and next steps
- BS or BA in marketing, or a similar degree
- Able to work in-office at our Grand Junction office
- Passionate about writing for marketing purposes
- A creative thinker with a passion for marketing and continual professional and personal growth
- A clear and responsive communicator with an insatiable work ethic
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- A reliable and enthusiastic go-getter with a positive attitude and a good sense of humor
- Open to (and willing to provide) constructive criticism, and a critical eye for one’s own work
- Organized af – literally, organization is your thing
- Technology trendsetter – easily pick up new concepts and processes
We’re inbound marketers, designers, developers, storytellers, and strategists combining forces to elevate the quality of our clients’ brands. We specialize in inbound marketing and omnichannel strategies that drive lead generation and brand evolution for our clients. Together, we like to make things bold and push inbound marketing efforts to the edge.
GROWL is the place to carve your own path rather than wait for it to be shown to you. Surrounded by a team of clever minds, we empower you to be your best. A place where opinions are not only encouraged but expected. Why? Because we believe that collectively we should be better today than we were yesterday.
Salary range: $40,000-$45,000
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Flexible time off, including 9 paid holidays
- Direct deposit, time-off requests, and payroll easily accessible online
- Parking lot and nearby free parking
- Hustle vibes in the heart of Downtown Grand Junction, in the heart of entertainment, dining, and more; just blocks from the best coffee shops, restaurants, and breweries
- Random GROWLtivities including team lunches, happy hours, etc.
- Incredible community and outdoor lifestyle – all-season recreation within miles
- Grand Mesa National Forest, the Colorado National Monument, and Moab all within 2hrs or less
- Community engagement and volunteer opportunities
- Highly collaborative environment
Life at GROWL
Want to know what life is really like at GROWL? Follow us on social media to get the inside scoop. From client meetings to community events, you’ll get exclusive access.